Legal Counsel @Voltalia - Amsterdam Zuid (succesvol ingevuld)
We are looking for a Legal Counsel for the new Amsterdam office (8 minutes walk to station WTC-Zuid) of our ambitious French client. Founded in 2005 and listed on the stock exchange, our client is a renewable energy producer and service provider in 20 countries.
You will work independently on all the legal matters of the legal entities, reporting to the Dutch managing director, who works two days a week. You will also be involved in various (sometimes project-based) activities for the Head of Legal of my client's, who works from Paris. You will also work in this role closely with the Finance teams at the head office in Paris.
- To handle all day-to-day requests from the company
- To execute incorporation of companies and share transfers, in close cooperation with the head office, notary, law firms and tax firms
- To appoint or dismiss management/supervisory directors
- To change the domicile of the company, articles of association etc.
- To draft standard legal documents, e.g. management agreements, loan agreements, minutes and proxies
- To review and assess relevant legal documentation and advice from third parties
- To draft liquidation agreements and execute the formalities concerning a company’s liquidation
- To ensure compliance with the rules and regulations of the Dutch central bank DNB and/or related legislation
- To prepare the agenda and information pack for board meetings
- To attend and prepare minutes for shareholder and board meetings
- To build up a strong working relationship with internal clients, the notary, external advisors, banks, regulatory bodies and other relevant parties
- To collect KYC/AML documents/information and complete risk assessments
- Responsible for monitoring compliance with relevant (finance/trust) regulations
- Dutch tax resident
- Driven, flexible and ambitious
- Excellent communicator
- Able to work independently
- University degree in (tax) law
- Experience and knowledge of corporate law and relevant regulations
- Knowledge of tax law
- Minimum of five years’ relevant working experience, preferably at a trust company
- Fluent in both Dutch and English (French communications skills is an advantage)
- 4 day working week, is possible
- 1-1.5 weeks of training in Paris
- Required to work from the Paris office once a month for two days
- The salary packet will be in line with the market
If you are a legal professional who prefers working in an independent role, as part of a small office (10 FTE) in a professional and international setting, this might be an interesting opportunity for you. Please note that the Amsterdam office is in the process of being set up. DNB and the Dutch Authority for Financial Markets (AFM) will not supervise the company. Application:
If you are interested in this position and would like to apply, please either contact me by phone (+31 (0)6 4224 7059) or send your CV to email@example.com. Our first meeting will be via Skype or FaceTime.